Monday, October 11, 2010

Rain and sun and churros

Well, my laptop is still poorly and I won´t be getting it back until Wednesday. I popped into school today to see if it was open and it is, so I can quickly update!

On Saturday, I went into town to ask about my laptop. When I got there it started raining and didn´t stop for hours! I was wandering around trying to find the shopping centre and I got soaked - no umbrella! Totally drenched... Then I found the shopping centre and was able to dry off in a toilet with hot air hand dryer. I tried on lots of lovely clothes and then went to the supermarket in the centre to look for an umbrella. At this supermarket, you have to wrap up your bag in sealed plastic (a security measure). I started chatting with the security guard and he helped me to find an umbrella. As I was leaving, he gave me his phone number! I´m trying to decide whether or not to call him. He seemed really nice and is called Sammy.

Then I came home and watched a film in English on the TV.



On Sunday, José collected me at 10am and we made our way to Churriana and Ana´s house. Her and her husband have a churro place, they make churros that people buy at a hatch thing next to her house. It´s ironic that she is called Ana and she makes churros in a town called Churriana!







There were 6 of us in total: Ana and her husband (also called José), José, me, Raoul and Juan Antonio. We ate churros and drank coffee and they were yummy! I have some photos but can´t upload them until I get my laptop back.





We stayed until about 5, including eating a massive lunch at about 3.30 - pork and homemade chips and salad and then I had a yummy curd thing that comes in a pot like yoghurt called cuajada. Very yummy with sugar. I also saw a weird fruit I had not heard of before, called a chirimoya or custard apple. It wasn´t ripe, but Ana is going to let me try it when it is. The weather was lovely for several hours and we were sitting in Ana´s kind of patio area which is within her house, but is outside. How very Spanish! (Photos at a later date!)


José then took me to a house in the mountains that he had rented over the summer, with the possibility of buying it. In the end he decided not to buy it as it is very remote, but it was beautiful. We had to pick up some things he had left there and return the keys. I could imagine myself living there and writing a book. It really was so idyllic. Again, photos to follow!



On our way back to mine, José and I tried to find a swimming pool near me, but there didn´t seem to be one. I got home at 8.30 and was exhausted!

Today the weather is uncertain. It is a little chilly, but the sun seems to be trying to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment