Thursday, October 28, 2010

A coincidence

I have just returned home from the birthday tapas eating. I had such a great time and the most strange coincidence...

The woman whose birthday is it is called Helen. She lives here but is English and is a friend of my new friends here. I had not met her until tonight (I thought...), but they kept saying "you should meet Helen." Anyway, she walked into the room and I had that weird "I know you but I don't know where from" feeling. It turns out that she is also friends with my friends in Nice and I had met her twice before whilst on holiday in Nice! How bloody weird is that?!

Ana's car is still in the garage so I can't get a lift tomorrow. Never mind, I will just need to work out the buses. I am going to go into school, gatecrash the 8.30am B1 grammar class and go to the first half of Conversation, then leave at about 11ish so I can get the 11.30 bus from the bus station to Marbella. It might take up to an hour and a half and then I need to get a taxi to the school, so don't want to risk having to get the 12.00 bus. I feel quite unconcerned about the trip. If this job is meant to be, I will get there without any problems and all will go well.

My friends have decided that I need a leaving party! We are going to go out for a meal on Monday night because Monday is fiesta (again!) They are so lovely and they all want me to get the job so that I will be back in Andalucia soon. I'm thinking that, if I do get it, I can do lots of supply for a couple of months and get plenty of cash together and then come over a bit before the job starts... spend some time in Marbella for a couple of weeks and get to know the area and come here and see my Malaga friends too. The world is my oyster this year. What a wonderful situation to be in. I was always saying how I wished I were married and had children, but then I wouldn't be able to be spontaneous, so I am starting to see the freedom I have.

1 comment:

  1. ¡Hola Ellie!

    Yo pensaba que la coincidencia era que tu cumpleaños y el mío son el mismo día :P

    Me encanta tu blog. Creo que es algo que todos los estudiantes deberían hacer porque es una actividad de reflexión interesantísima y seguro que te ha ayudado en tu proceso de aprendizaje. Claro, como eres profesora de idiomas, sabes de lo que hablo.

    Ya sabes que yo tengo un blog también (http://jramonele.blogspot.com) y me gustaría hablar de tu blog en el mío y comentar mis impresiones sobre lo que te he dicho antes. ¿Qué te parece?

    Un beso.

    ReplyDelete