Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Here comes the sun!

Thankfully, it was nice again today. It was fairly unhot this morning, but the sun was out and getting hotter when I finished lessons.

Teresa's lesson: we tok it in turns to read aloud from the novel for 15 minutes. So far, so good. It has a few words I don't know, but the gist is fairly clear. Then we looked at when the subordinate clause in a sentence takes the subjunctive because of the linking word. It is very high level stuff and I am sure I will be more than prepared for A level grammar after these 4 weeks!

With Sergio, we continued on the theme of the Environment. The Dutch and American girls looked like they were close to sleep several times but I enjoyed it.

Laura and I were joined by 2 more German women for our private lesson. I started to get a bit pissed off with the way the 3 of them were chatting in German before Teresa arrived. Not only are they (presumably) in Spain to learn Spanish, but they were 3 Germans in a room with an English person, so it was actually quite rude. Once Teresa was there, I felt OK about saying in a jokey way that we only speak Spanish in the class. Teresa backed me up and they stopped conversing in German. I am going to be so hated by all the other students! The other 3 all have 90 minutes and I am meant to leave after 45 minutes, but we were in the middle of something, so Teresa said I should stay for a bit to finish it off. Bargainous! We covered prepositions today and I finished this off on the beach later (as well as the 2 other homeworks set earlier on - it took me a good hour and a half!)



I spent the afternoon on the beach and had a little swim in the sea too. The back of my neck feels a bit sore, I think I missed this area with the suncream! There were really cute pigeons on the beach. One near me had a purple patch on its neck, so I took a picture.


I think Jose is collecting me later to go into town, but it might have been tomorrow... I'll get ready and see if he turns up!

No comments:

Post a Comment