Thursday, October 14, 2010

Lessons and lights

I am typing this on my laptop! They only charged me €30, which is not bad. They cleaned a lot of viruses off and also installed a better virus scanner free of charge!

I forgot to tell you about who is in my extra class this week. The teacher is Isa (the one who did the cultural classes in week 1) and there are 2 girls from my conversation class: one from Brazil called Christina and another from Norway called Taru. Their Spanish is of a higher level - they do a separate grammar lesson at level B2. This means that what I am doing with them is much harder - good! We have been studying how to use compound tenses in subordinate clauses expressing causality etc. It is definitely above A level and I am almost in over my head, but holding up just about.

Isa pointed out yesterday that us 3 have different learning styles:
Christina just listens, takes in and does it. Being a portugese speaker helps!
Taru looks confused at first, then suddenly has "ah-ha" moments, when you know she's got it.
I ask lots of questions, constantly checking I have understood and needing examples. Isa says this is because I'm a languages teacher and that she would be the same if she were in my position.

I always stay for the full 90 minutes with Isa - she said it doesn't bother her. What a bargain!

Whilst in town yesterday, I took photos of the traffic lights I told you about.



I felt very silly taking them!

No comments:

Post a Comment