Monday, October 4, 2010

Rain!

I woke up at 5 because it was raining so heavily! I think it has stopped now and at least the pavements won't have so much dog poo on them today!

I had quite a dull day yesterday - just did my homework on the patio and wandered around a bit. I met up with some English people last night, which was OK, but I did not like speaking English at all. I think I'll stick to Spaniards again for a bit.

3 very cool things I have seen here:

1. In supermarkets they have a kind of cross between a trolley and a basket. It is like a big basket with an extendable pulley thing, a bit like on a suitcase. It is smaller than a trolley, so more maneuverable, but so much less sore on your arm when you have a pack of diet coke cans than when you have to hold a full basket in the UK!

2. The pedestrian crossings in the centre have a countdown on them. When it is red for pedestrians, it counts down until you can cross and then it counts down again how long you have left to cross when on green.

3. The curtains in my living room have a rod attached to them so I can open and close them without actually pulling the curtain (they are white muslin-type material and would get dirty if I kept tugging them.

All so sensible and so simple. I'll ty to remember to add pictures when I have some.


Lessons again today. I've missed school over the weekend. After all, that is why I am here and I have felt a bit restless without the structure. I wonder how many new arrivals there will be and if Laura and I will be joined by anyone in our little class.

No comments:

Post a Comment