Thursday, October 28, 2010

Guinea Pig

Today, we were guinea pigs... there were student teachers taking some of the lessons. It was great because I have been a student teacher myself and I have observed and mentored student teachers and today I experienced the other side of it - being the student!

In the conversation class, we had 2 different students and it was about Spanish culture and stereotypes. very interesting. the first student was stronger, as she had better contact with us and we all spoke more easily. The second student ran out of planned work a bit early and had to fill in a bit. All in all, they did a good job - but teaching 8 motivated adults must be somewhat easier that 30 distracted 13 year olds!

The B2 grammar class was normal, with Isa. It was a great lesson and also kind of sad because 3 of the 5 students are finishing this week. Tomorrow is their last day and I won't be there (Marbella!), so it was our last lesson together. After the rocky start (my paranoia, mainly) it has been a really positive class. Next week, it will be just Moo (the chicochino) and me.


My B2 grammar class:
(I'm not sure about the spellings of the names)
Me (looking very fat, yuk!), Prisilla, Isa (teacher), Taru, Moo and Marilyna


My private lesson was again with 2 separate students. The first was the most confident but she spoke far too fast and, since I am the only student, it felt quite stressful, like I was being given a test with quickfire questions - a bit like an interrogation! Then I had the most nervous student ever! She was actually very good and I see a lot more potential in her than the other one, but she needs to get over her nerves. Fortunately for these 2 that I am a good student and like to get involved. I imagine that an individual class with someone who holds back would be really hard work. (I think that is why my lesson was chosen!)

I rang the English school this morning and have arranged to get there for 1.30. This is good, as I have some time to find my way there of the lift doesn't work out. I'll find out tonight - we are going out for someone's birthday - eating tapas in town. Ana will be there so she'll let me know if she can give me a lift tomorrow. If not, I have to negotiate the buses!

Think of me at 1.30 my time! (Also, best wishes and good luck to my cousin, who also has an interview tomorrow - but for veterinary work!)

Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh - I am getting quite nervous. The secretary I spoke to said it would be fairly informal, but I really want to shine and make the choice eay for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment