Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hobbies

Not much to report. Have my fingers crossed that I might be able to pick up my laptop later today.

I have swapped some books at the school - they do this useful intercambio (exchange) where you give them a novel in any language and then pick out another one from the bookshelf. Since I had read all of my (6) novels I had brought with me in 2 weeks, I was relieved to be able to get some new ones. The staff think I have no life, to read so much. I do, I just read a lot before I go to sleep (as in, for 4 or more hours) and also on the beach. I do also do all my homework and spend time with friends and even watch a little Spanish TV (mainly just the news in the morning)!

I have submitted the form to extend my stay by 2 weeks. I am trying not to think about how much money this will have cost me. After all, it is an investment in my future and maybe makes doing the job from hell for 2 years worthwhile (i.e. the increased salary -> savings -> this experience)!!!

I wish I could just see Pip for a bit though. I miss her so much!

Well, I had better go into town to see if my laptop is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment