Thursday, October 7, 2010

Every cloud has a silver lining

The outcome of yesterday's horribleness is that I now have a private lesson (just me) with Sergio at 1.45 each day. It means waiting around for a couple of hours, but I just went to a cafe and read some more of the book. Then I get to do whatever grammar I want for 45 minutes - at my own pace!

We looked at direct and indirect object pronouns today and it really is not that bad. We also touched on how to use the future tense to talk about a hypothesis in the present. I'll be able to do all the little bits and pieces that I'm not clear about now with Sergio.

I am absolutely exhausted today. I don't know why, but I just couldn't face the walk and got the bus to and from school, despite the sun being out. I suppose we are all entitled to a lazy day sometimes.

There is a Bank Holiday in Spain next Tuesday and, being Spain, they take the Monday off too "el puente" (the bridge)! I think the school is going to use the Monday in lieu and we will still have classes on the Tuesday. I might use this long weekend to travel a bit. Or maybe just explore the touristy things of Málaga.

I was comparing French and Spanish earlier when I was learning about pronouns and I tried to give a sentence in French. It was a really simple one but I couldn't remember the words at first. It was like I needed to work out where the switch was to return to French mode. Aaargh! Maybe I should visit France after I finish here!

No comments:

Post a Comment