Wednesday, October 20, 2010

B2 - Avanza :)

So, I have been promoted to level B2!

There are several benefits from this, not least of which is that my 8.30am lesson is no longer! That was Grammar B1 (8.30-10), so I now get into school at 10.15 for the conversation class which all B1 and B2 students have (Sergio is the teacher). Then, at 12, I have B2 Grammar with Priscilla (Brazil) and Taru (Finland), with Isa teaching us. This goes on until 1.30 and then I have my superintensive 45 minutes with Isa from 1.45 until 2.30. It is so nice to have a bit of extra time in the morning.

Isa has yet another totally different, and equally valid, teaching style. Where Teresa is flamboyant and dramatic and Sergio is calm and logical, Isa is quite firm and has a more detached style. I still learn a lot, but I am a bit scared of her! My way of learning is to ask lots of questions, make sure I understand something completely, constantly checking I am doing it right. This has not been a major issue before. I think the other students have found it a bit annoying, but Sergio and Teresa didn't seem to mind too much. In Isa's lessons, I always get the impression that she finds me a bit annoying. She is still very patient and perfectly polite, but I am going to have to rein myself in a bit, I feel. That's OK, I will just check things I don't understand in the grammar class later in my private lesson.

I had another ride on the motorbike yesterday. José and I went to Rincón de la Victoria again. It was good to chat in Spanish again after all the French this weekend. I was even able to add to the conversation this time and people understood what i was trying to say! We are going to go out in the centre again on Friday.

Did I tell you about Spanish TV? They do this really funny thing: when a news item is on, they play appreopriate background music, like in films. For example, an item about poverty - sad, heavy music; an item about someone's jackpot win - happy, tinkling music. It's really funny and quite distracting!

No comments:

Post a Comment