Tuesday, September 28, 2010

First whole day of lessons

Just got home and am knackered! Definitely one of those days when you are quite glad to be able to get home and relax!
Quick summary:
Teacher for first 2 lessons - Teresa. Had her favourite students and kept saying how beautiful and wonderful they were. Doesn't exactly inspire you... She seemed quite dramatic and hypermanic at first and I wondered how this lesson on the subjunctive would be. In the end, she was a great teacher and I understood the (fairly complicated) stuff well. I managed to get on the wrong side of the American student when I contradicted his "we don't have a subjunctive in english"... um, what about "I would prefer that she stay there"??? Oh well, must be the teacher in me!

After break, we had Sergio again and did some more text-type things, then another break and then my lesson with just Laura and Sergio.

After that, I dropped books off at home and returned to school to chill by the pool until culture lesson at 4.15. At this point, I was feeling a bit ill (too much sun) and regretted signing up for cinema trip, especially when I discovered no-one else had signed up and poor Joanna (non teaching staff) would be taking just me. I decided that I would still go, as I have made the decision to take up all possible chances to practise speaking etc. I was feeling a bit homesick (and missing Pip) after a quick phone call home, so in fact the cinema and a chat with Joanna was just what I needed.

We got the bus into the centre and I even managed to buy a beach towel before we went to the cinema. A proper swim tomorrow!!! The film (Inception) was far too complicated for me (I think I would have struggled to understand it in English, let alone Spanish!) but was interesting. Before catching the bus home, we made a quick supermarket trip as the shops and everything will be closed tomorrow because the whole of Spain is on strike (huelga) about something!

Please excuse the brevity of this entry, the lack of photos and any mistakes: I need to eat something then go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment