Saturday, September 4, 2010

All booked!

Yesterday was the first day of my Spanish adventure... I booked the flight and the course!

Let me explain a bit. I have been teaching in the UK for 6 years now. I mainly teach French and also some Spanish, but I have been increasingly frustrated by the standard of my Spanish, which is far below my French. I desperately want to be able to teach A level Spanish but am not at a high enough level myself. My teaching post came to an end recently (long story which I will fill you in on at a later date!) and I have found myself with a sabbatical year and quite a lot of savings. What better excuse do I need to head off to the south of Spain, soak up some sun and get my Spanish up to a high level?

I have always wanted to go to Málaga. Not sure why, but the 300 days/year of sun and autumn temperatures on a par with our summer ones might have played a part :) So I investigated courses available there and stumbled across ¡Málaga, Sí! The courses seem appropriate and the reviews online are good. They also sort out your accommodation and I have chosen to have a single self-catering apartment. The costs are all very reasonable and I can fly with sleezyeasyjet from Bristol directly to Málaga.

So, as I said, I booked this yesterday. I am flying out on Sunday 26th September - just 3 weeks tomorrow! I start the course the next day and have initially enrolled for 4 weeks, but will surely extend this by a few weeks if the weather holds out!

I am now getting very excited and manically buying new luggage and a mini laptop to take with me (the apartment has Wi-Fi).

I'll keep you informed on the progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment