Thursday, August 18, 2011

Feria and shopping trip!

Tuesday

Woke up at Ana and Pepe's house really early and they were still asleep, so I watched some TV then went back to sleep, not waking again until 11!!!!!!!! Had some breakfast, then Jose came to collect me and we went to another person's house to get ready for the feria (like a massive street party). We were meant to be dressing in Flamenco outfits, but it was really hot, so I stuck some flowers in my sombrero and that was enough for me. The heat was almost unbearable - 35ish degrees and relentless sun! This is fine when you can shower or swim but, stuck in a city centre with thousands of drunk people, it's tough.

I couldn't stay in the area where we were and went for a walk for a bit, to the quieter streets. I then couldn't get back to the others and got really panicky and felt sick. Eventually, I found them (by putting my iPod on full volume to block out the sounds of the party!)

We stayed from 3 until about 6, then went to the roof of a hotel for a drink. It was lovely but I was so tired and just wanted to go home. Eventually, we got back to J's at about 8.

I'm really rather brown... I will look freakish back in the UK!


Wednesday

After the chaos of Tuesday, I had a lovely day and feel much better now.
I went shopping in the morning in the centro comercial near J's house. I bought:
For me:blue strapless, loose fitting top
long sleeved light shirt for work
600g pipas sabor barbacoa
chorizo
Presents:blue t-shirt with his name on and "hola" for nephew's birthday
2xgoats cheese (brother and dad)
small bottle rioja (dad)
Special cured ham (mum and dad)
Pedro Ximenez sweet wine (mum)
Salchichas (family)
and probably more, I've forgotten about!

Then I chilled out by and in the pool for a couple of hours. Quick shower, then the others came over.

Then we went into Malaga and the folks there remembered me from last year and said they were disappointed that I'm going back home tomorrow. It looks like I'll be coming over again between Christmas and NY for a couple of days!!!

Today
Now I am back at A&P's and am spending the day with them today, before getting the plane tonight. I hope I can do some serious sunbathing to maximise the tan! Ana is also going to teach me how to make gazpacho, which I'm really excited about. I'll be able to add it to tortillas in my Spanish food making repertoire!

No comments:

Post a Comment