Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Monday

I had the best day you can imagine...

Woke up early and J and I went to the shop to buy some bits and pieces. Then I prepared my contribution to the feast: caramelised oranges. In the end, I could have cooked the sugar solution for a bit longer and left the whole thing to caramelise for longer, but it was fine. Jose made 2 tortillas: 1 plain and 1 with green peppers. We prepared the house and laid the table.




Then I had a quick swim and lay by the pool. In the blink of an eye, the direct sunlight and blue sky were replaced by clouds and a thick blanket of fog! I went inside and had a shower. When I came out, the blue sky was back, though the mist hung over the sea for the rest of the day, adding to the atmospheric beauty of the view. We waited for the others to arrive...




The others started arriving at about 2 and we finally started eating at 3. I was totally ravenous by this point!


We had: tortilla (spanish omelette), jamón (cured ham), queso de oveja (sheep cheese), gazpacho (cold tomato soup), empanada (pastry dish with various fish in it), ajo blanco (white cold soup with garlic, served with grapes - local dish) and then my caramelised oranges for dessert. Really delicious food and such a nice mixture... mainly all hand made and so very tasty. I filled my boots and then felt rather uncomfortable, so Ana and I went for a swim... bliss!!! Soon, the others joined us and we all lounged by/in the pool until about 9pm (when it was still 27 degrees).






Then we all moved down to the beach and ate sardines and tomatoes in an amazing open-air restaurant on the beach. I was filled with such a sense of love and peace and know that this is another home for me. I feel like I was meant to be Spanish and to live by the sea like this. I've always loved the sea, but this place is special. I will live here one day, of that I'm sure...

I came back to Churriana with Pepe and Ana, as I am now staying with them until I catch the plane on Thursday evening. I have a beautiful, colourful, girly room and look forward to exploring the town later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment