Friday, November 5, 2010

Last day at school

Well, that's that! I have finished my studies at Málaga ¡Si! and my Spanish Adventure is coming to an end (well, this chapter of it, anyway).

I took in a selection of little cakes for the staff and tried to buy thank you cards for my teachers. The latter proved impossible, so I had to resort to making them by hand. They were a little rough and ready, but seemed to go down well ;)


We did some last minute grammar revision in the conversation class and went over the future tenses. Since they mainly correspond quite closely to English, this wasn't too hard.

(Picture - Lothar, Sergio (teacher), Barbara, Isabella)




I was the only student in B2 Grammar and we did some work on various periphrases (is that a word?), which ended up being vital later on...

In my private lesson, we went over numbers and I was relieved to find that I am not alone in finding them a constant source of trouble.

Then I did the final exam. It was bloody hard and took me an hour and a half. It covered almost everything and I don't feel too confident with a lot of it. I just hope I did well enough to demonstrate that I have learnt lots.

I then came home and have just spent 2 hours cleaning my flat. It looks all sparkly now and all I have left to do is wash the floors, which I will do before I leave tomorrow. I have packed everything up and am ready to go. Tonight, I'm heading into town for a final Spanish chat time with my friends. Last night, José took me to a typical churro and hot chocolate place in town. It was really cool!

All that remains for me to do is to reiterate on here how much I appreciate all the help and patience I have received from the school. The teachers there are patient and professional, friendly and approachable, simply wonderful people. If I were to teach as well as they do, I would be a great teacher. Special thanks to Isa for teaching me some complicated grammar as well as a few very useful words and phrases to assist me in real life (!); Teresa again for grammar explanations that made the nonsensical possible to understand and even use and for encouraging me to read my first Spanish novel; and Sergio for conversation, grammar and generally being one very cool chap. Also, to all the other staff at the school - it is a great place to learn and the atmosphere you have created is second to none. You are all amazing and I hope we stay in touch for years to come.

I feel like I should say something profound in Spanish but I don't want to risk ending with some hideous grammatical mistake, so I'll just say:

Hasta luego Málaga ¡Si!

1 comment:

  1. Hola Ellie!!
    Ya puedes leer un post en mi blog sobre Ellie's Spanish Adventure: http://jramonele.blogspot.com/2010/11/ellies-spanish-adventure.html
    Espero que te guste :)
    Un beso!
    JRamón

    ReplyDelete