Thursday, November 4, 2010

Final arrangements

I have finally sent home a box of stuff. I needed a cardboard box. Where would you go to get one in the UK?... a supermarket. No luck - they told me they had recycled them all (then again, people in supermarkets here are unusually unhelpful) I managed to get one from the school today, brought it home and packed it full of things I can live without for a while (and a kilo of sunflower seeds!) Next stop, the post office. It weighed in at 8.65 kilos!!! Hopefully, I will now be within my allowance for the flight. It cost 49€ to send, so not cheap, but surely a lot less than if I had been 8kg over my allowance - the cheap airlines like to make their profits that way!
Filling in the form was quite traumatic, but hopefully all is now good.

I also bought a last-minute pressie for ma and pa. I'm afraid most people are not getting anything, but Pip's carers definitely deserve a huge thanks. I can't tell you what I bought because it's a surprise!

I then tried to sunbathe a bit, but it was not very warm on the beach so I gave up.

Tomorrow is my last day at school. I am doing an exam after my classes in order to ensure I have passed B2 and get my certificate. I'm quite nervous but hopefully will be able to remember everything. It will be good practice for my A level next year.

Tomorrow, I also need to clean the flat and remember to pick up my deposit from the school. I've just realised the receipt for my deposit was in something I put in the box I posted, but I'm sure there will not be a problem. I can then use some of that money at duty free and keep any remaining euro for when I return here (or to Marbella...)

No comments:

Post a Comment