Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 3 - Sunday - Benalmádena

EDIT: I have now written up the days prior to this, so have made a few changes to this one too and (if I can work out how, moved it...)

Some background:
I am here with my friend Laura. We only met 10 months ago but we are very firm friends. Most Sundays for the past 8 months or so we have partaken in a Sunday Adventure. This has included "accidentally" viewing naked cyclists; getting new body piercings; chickpea missions; a LOT of shopping, coffee and diet coke drinking and other crazy activities.

Anyway, our Sunday Adventures have now branched out to Spain. We had several ideas of things to do today and had settled on going out on a boat to see dolphins. We made our way to Benalmádena on the now familiar train to do this but we realised the place was a loooong walk from the station so we gave up on that idea and settled on the beach for a bit. Not for long though - it was so hot our feet were burning through the towels and we were getting a bit crispy. I did swim in the sea and Laura paddled.

We then bought some well-deserved helados (ice creams) and enjoyed them on a bench. This photo of Laura savouring hers is one of my favourite photos I have ever taken - she looks so much like a top model in a photo shoot. Note the sombrero - we each bought a hat to shade ourselves from the sun. So much more typical and more effective than sunglasses, mine has proven invaluable in most situations.


I'm not so classy eating my bubblegum-flavoured helado, but note the new dress and sombrero and the very happy face!

We walked back to the station (with a gazillion stops for diet coke breaks in cafés) and returned home. I bought a sombrero, 2 lovely sun dresses for very little money and a pink Betty Boop inflatable for the pool. I tried it out earlier but there are rather a lot of children around so I decided to wait until the following morning to read my Kindle on it (in the waterproof Kindle cover).

The two amigas, on one of many diet coke breaks!


Me in our apartment with Betty, the inflatable and modelling the other new bargainous dress :)

No comments:

Post a Comment